OIIR serves as the principal Agency liaison with the National Security Council, the Office of Science and Technology Policy, and U.S. departments and agencies.
OIIR is responsible for:
- Ensuring that NASA’s international engagements are in alignment with Administration direction and U.S. laws and regulations
- Negotiating cooperative and reimbursable agreements with foreign space and aeronautics partners
- Providing advice and guidance to Agency leadership on the implementation of NASA interagency and international partnerships
- Providing management oversight and staff support of NASA’s advisory committees, commissions and panels
- Managing the NASA Export Control Program
- Coordinating foreign travel by NASA employees