Girls in STEM at NASA GRC
The Office of STEM Engagement (OSTEM) has a strong interest in strengthening relationships with organizations that support students pursuing science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) careers. Girls in STEM is designed to inspire middle school students’ interest in STEM fields. The event features women working in STEM fields at NASA Glenn, an engaging STEM activity, and a tour of a NASA Glenn facility.
- This opportunity is open to fifth through eighth grade students enrolled at a public, private, charter, or home school located in the United States. (Students should be counted for the grade level they will be entering at the start of the 2022-2023 school year).
- In-Person participants must reside in NASA Glenn’s home state of Ohio.
- Virtual participants will need a device connected to the Internet in order to participate in this event. A webcam is optional.
- An adult must complete the registration form.
- At least one parent or adult caregiver must fully participate with (virtual) or accompany (in person) their student(s) during the entire event. This adult must be a United States citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR).
- Registration Opens – May 25, 2022
- Registration Closes – June 24, 2022
- Event Date – July 14, 2022
- Virtual option: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Eastern
- In-Person option: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Eastern
An adult must complete the application and agree to fully participate with (virtual) or accompany (in person) their student(s) during the entire event. This adult must be a United States citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR).
The virtual option will be limited to the first 180 registrations received. If the in-person option is full, registrants will be placed on a waitlist and may attend the virtual option instead with no additional registration necessary. After registration closes, all registrants will receive a welcome letter with logistics for attending the Girls in STEM event either in person or virtually.
Click here to register for the virtual option (any United States residents). – Registration is now closed.
Click here to register for the in-person option (Ohio residents only). – All in-person seats and the waitlist are full, so registration for the in-person option is now closed. Please register for the virtual option instead.
Education Program Specialist
This event is featured as a part of NASA Glenn’s Student STEM Events.