Langley’s NASA Academy’s rigorous and diverse summer research program prioritizes collaboration, teamwork, leadership, innovation, and creativity.
Academy participants experience the challenges aerospace professionals face while conducting their research. Along with a team research project, the program includes:
- Invited lectures on technical topics
- Weekly discussions with NASA professionals
- Access to NASA’s advanced research facilities
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be pursuing a major in Engineering (Aero, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems), Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electronics Technology, Applied Math, Applied Physics, or a similar field.
- Be a full-time student or recent graduate with a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Candidates are preferred to have completed at least three full college years (except for two-year college students transferring to a four-year institution), but those who have completed two full college years are welcome to apply.
Duration: The summer program runs for 10-12 weeks, from mid-May through August. The exact dates will be determined before the start of the program.