Associate Administrator for Space Technology Mission Directorate
Associate Administrator for Science Mission Directorate
In partnership with the National Science Foundation, NASA’s Science and Space Technology Mission Directorates are offering a new pathway to train faculty, students in higher education, post-docs, and other researchers to participate in Innovation Corps (I-Corps)™. The NASA I-Corps™ Pilot is aimed at accelerating the transition of promising ideas from the lab to the marketplace, while encouraging collaboration between academia and industry. The NASA I-Corps™ Pilot will support teams with access to training in innovation and entrepreneurship skills through a grant, for up to $10K, and the opportunity to apply for additional funding, up to $40K.
The goal of the NASA I-Corps Pilot is to give participants the opportunity to develop the following capabilities:
- Informed decision-making to facilitate research and/or technology transitions and new NASA funding opportunities.
- Facilitated focus and inspiration on the commercial potential of proposed research and/or technology.
- Advanced workforce development opportunities in science missions and space technology by preparing students with a foundational education in entrepreneurship.
- Enhanced entrepreneurial mindsets.
Learn More and Submit a Proposal
- Read the full solicitation on NSPIRES and apply through NSPIRES here.
- Award Amount: Up to $50,000
- Information Site: Check out the Innovation Corps site for more information
- Past Webinar Recordings: December 13, 2023; July 19, 2023; March 7, 2023; Nov 1, 2022 or from June 29, 2022.
- Proposal Deadline: Proposals may be submitted at any time through March 29, 2024 but cut-offs for the review cycles timed to correspond to course dates are given in Table F.18-1 of ROSES-23 F.18 Innovation Corps Pilot. The next upcoming proposal cut-off is September 8, 2023.
Who Should Apply?
Awards will be exclusively grants to non-governmental organizations. For-profit institutions are not eligible to propose. Civil servants are not eligible to participate. A Technical Lead may not receive more than one currently active NASA I-Corps Pilot Short Course or National Course award. Proposing team(s) need not have received a previous NASA award to apply. However, proposals must show alignment with SMD and/or STMD strategic objectives. And see section 1.2.2 of the solicitation here on Team Composition on team member roles to make sure you are eligible to apply.
Entrepreneurship Development Lead