Visiting Kennedy on Business
Any person entering Kennedy Space Center on official business must have a Kennedy issued badge in order to gain access. Clearance to enter the Center complex should be coordinated through your Kennedy sponsor - the individual or office you intend to visit.
You may pick up your badge at the Kennedy Badging Office, located just outside Gate 3.
Directions to Kennedy Space Center Badging Office
From Orlando International Airport
: The Kennedy Space Center (KSC) is located approximately 45 miles east of the Orlando International Airport. When exiting the airport, follow the signs to State Road (SR) 528 (Beachline Expressway) east to the Kennedy Space Center. After approximately 25 miles, there will be a fork in the road. Bear to the left onto SR 407. Stay on SR 407 for about 5 miles until it dead-ends into SR 405/NASA Causeway. Turn right (east) on SR 405 and go about eight (8) miles – just beyond the KSC Visitor Complex - where you will see a one-story building on the right called "KSC Badging Office."
From Cocoa Beach Area
: Take A1A north towards Cape Canaveral. After A1A turns into SR 528 (Beachline Expressway). You will pass
the Gate 1 entrance to Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (where the cruise ships are). Do not take this exit
but continue on SR 528 going west passing over the Banana River and Sykes Creek bridges until you get to the SR 3/Merritt Island exit. Take a right onto SR 3 and after approximately 7 miles you will see a sign that says "all visitors turn left at next light." Turn left onto Space Commerce Way following the signs to the Visitor Complex. This road will dead-end into SR 405. Take a right onto SR-405 and go about 1/2 miles – just beyond the KSC Visitor Complex - where you will see a one-story building on the right called "KSC Badging Office."
For an official visit you will need to provide your Kennedy Space Center sponsor with the following information.
For United States Citizens:
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Company contact information (address and telephone number)
- Proposed dates of visit
- Reason for visiting Kennedy
You will be required to present two forms of identification for badging, one of which must be a government-issued photo identification.
Acceptable documents to accompany federal or state identification:
For Foreign Nationals:
- U.S. Passport
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by DHS that contains a photograph (Form I-688B)
- Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
- ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
- School ID card with a photograph
- Voter's Registration Card
- Military Dependent's ID Card
- U.S. Military card or draft record
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Native American Tribal Document
- U.S. Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)
- Original or Certified copy of birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possessions of the United States bearing an official seal
- U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
- ID Card for use of Resident Citizens of the United States (Form I-179)
- Unexpired employment authorization document issued by DHS (other than those listed previously)
For Legal Resident Aliens:
- Same items required of U.S. Citizens (SSN only when applicable)
- Unexpired foreign passport, with I-551 stamp or attached Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization
- Passport number and registration date
- Driver's license issued by a Canadian Government authority
- Same items required of U. S. Citizens, and:
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (Form I-551)
- Unexpired Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688)
- Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)