Several of our employees have been the recipient of the NASA Exceptional Engineering Achievement Medal. This prestigious NASA medal is awarded to both government and non-government individuals for exceptional engineering contributions toward achievement of the NASA mission. This award is given for individual efforts for applications of engineering principles or methods that have resulted in
- Contributions of fundamental importance in this field,
- Significantly enhanced understanding of this field, or
- Significant advancements in the state of the practice
as demonstrated by an application to aerospace systems.
The criteria also include:
- Accomplishments that are far above others in quality, scope, and impact.
- Accomplishments that are explicit, significant, and demonstrate results.
Engineering contributions are typically characterized as being the design, development, and application of tools and systems or significant process improvements.