NASA Selects Virginia Corporation to Further Innovative Research
HAMPTON, Va. -- NASA has selected the National Institute of Aerospace Associates (NIAA), Hampton, Va., to conduct cutting edge aerospace and atmospheric research, develop new technologies and help prepare the next generation of scientists and engineers.
This follow-on indefinite delivery-indefinite quantity contract has a maximum value of $36 million over five years.
The NIAA will work with NASA's Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., enhancing its world-class research capability in aeronautics, space and atmospheric science and expanding technology development opportunities. The partnership also will expand collaboration with universities, industry, other government agencies and the scientific community to leverage expertise inside and outside government.
The NIAA is made up of eight entities:
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Foundation, Reston, Va.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Hampton University, Hampton, Va.
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Greensboro
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
- University of Maryland, College Park
For more information about NASA and agency programs, visit: http://www.nasa.gov
- end -
text-only version of this release
NASA press releases and other information are available automatically by sending a blank e-mail message to
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a blank e-mail message to
Back to NASA Newsroom |
Back to NASA Homepage