757-864-6121, 757-344-6111 (mobile)
NASA Webstreams TEDx Event Live
HAMPTON, Va. — NASA is holding its first-ever TEDx event Friday, Nov. 20, at the Ferguson Center for the Arts in Newport News -- and you can be a part of it without ever leaving your easy chair.
TEDxNASA will be streamed live and closed captioned on the Internet from 10 a.m. to its conclusion at 7 p.m. courtesy of LiveStream, a leading broadcast platform for streaming media. LiveStream also allows the webcast to be embedded anywhere, including Facebook and Twitter, to enable users of social media tools to engage in the ongoing conversations generated by TEDxNASA. Via this capability, the NASA event adds a new dimension to the event and offers viewers immediate interaction with the live broadcast while helping emerging discussions reach many thousands of viewers online.
To participate virtually, go to www.TEDx-NASA.org
and click on the LiveStream tab on the left-hand side, or watch on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TEDxNASA
, or follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/tedxnasa09
or go to www.livestream.com/tedxnasa2009
To be there in person, register for free tickets at www.TEDx-NASA.org
. The Ferguson Center is accessible for the disabled and the event is open to all.
Organized by NASA's Langley Research Center and the National Institute of Aerospace (NIA) and dubbed "Space to Create," TEDxNASA is a daylong immersion in topics that range from science and technology to entertainment and the arts. Scheduled presenters include:
- Langley Research Center Director Lesa Roe
- celebrated author Mitch Albom
- experimental artist Chakaia Booker
- creativity and innovation coach Gregg Fraley
- robotics inventor Dr. Dennis Hong
- astronaut Leland Melvin
- humorous guitar virtuoso Mike Rayburn
- space illustrator and designer Pat Rawlings
- Oprah & Friends radio host John St. Augustine
- motivational entertainer Jana Stanfield
- neurosurgeon Dr. Paul Aravich
- aspiring actor Tyler Cole
- the math lady from outer space Brenda Barrow
- aeronautical engineer Anna-Maria McGowan
- America's intrigue expert Sam Horn
- planetary and atmospheric scientist Dr. Joel Levine
- bio-energetics practitioner Dr. Sue Morter
- talk-radio personality Steve Shapiro
- jazz pianist Michael Jefry Stevens and trumpeter Dave Ballou
- Yuri's Night co-creator Loretta Hidalgo Whitesides
TEDxNASA is an independently organized event in the spirit of TED that will connect innovators from NASA and around the world with the Hampton Roads audience.
For more information about TEDxNASA, visit:
For more information about NASA's Langley Research Center, visit:
For more information about the National Institute of Aerospace, visit:
In the spirit of "ideas worth spreading," TED has created TEDx where x = an independently organized TED event that brings people together to share a TED-like experience. At TEDx-events TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. The TED Conference provides general guidance for TEDx programs.
NASA Langley press releases are available automatically by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com with the word subscribe in the subject line. You will receive an e-mail asking you to visit a link to confirm the action. To unsubscribe, send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
- end -
text-only version of this release