Johnson Space Center, Houston
Apollo Era Veterans to Throw First Pitch at Astros' NASA Night
HOUSTON – In celebration of the Apollo 11 40th anniversary, Apollo era veterans will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Houston Astros’ game July 20.
Apollo veterans are:
- Andrea Mosie, VOE Student, Office of Lunar Missions (1969-1971); Principle Scientist, Astromaterials Research and Exploration Science (present)
- Frank Hughes, Apollo Simulator Instructor, Kennedy Space Center, Florida (1966-1971); Education and Training Products, Tietronix in Houston (present)
- Jack Kinzler, designed the American flag that the Apollo 11 crew left on the moon; Chief, Technical Services Center (1961-1977); retired (present)
- Jerry Goodman, Crew Station Engineer, Command and Lunar Module (1965-1968); Senior Technical Expert, Habitability and Environmental Factors Division (present)
- Joe Kosmo, Senior Project Engineer, Crew and Thermal Systems Division (1961-1981); Senior Project Engineer, Advanced EVA Systems Development (1981-present)
- Randy Stone, Systems Engineer, Landing and Recovery Division, Apollo Program (1967-1970); JSC Deputy Director (2001-2007); Cimarron (present)
- Sylvia Stottlemyer, began her career providing administrative support in the Astronaut Office in 1970; Human Resources Program Specialist (present)
Opening ceremonies for the 7:05 CDT game against the St. Louis Cardinals will include astronaut Dottie Metcalf-Lindenburger singing the National Anthem.
NASA's Apollo 40th anniversary Web sites provide easy access to various agency resources and multimedia about the program and the history of human spaceflight, including a gallery of Apollo multimedia features. The site is online at: http://www.nasa.gov/apollo40th
JSC and the surrounding communities have a number of events planned in honor of the Apollo 11 40th anniversary. For more information about these activities, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/events/apollo40.html
- end -
text-only version of this release