Requirements for Remote Network Access (RNA) through Virtual Private Network (VPN)
WSTF VPN: Windows Instructions for RSA Tokens
- RSA Token - If you do not have an RSA Token, click click here for instructions on how to order one.
- WSTF Domain Account with Dial-In Permissions - If you are not sure whether or not your account has Dial-in permissions, please call the IRD Customer Support Center at 281-244-6367.
- Computer Running Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows VISTA
- Current Antivirus Software
- High Speed Broadband Internet Connection
- If you need remote access to your work computer’s hard drive, network drives, or your Outlook personal folders you will need to fill out the Remote Access Info Sheet.
How to Connect Using VPN
- Connect to the internet.
- Open up Internet Explorer and proceed to the WSTF VPN Homepage at https://vpn.wstf.jsc.nasa.gov.
- Agree to all security warnings to get to the homepage. Please note that Mozilla Firefox is not compatible with WSTF VPN Homepage and cannot be used to create the connection.
- Add https://vpn.wstf.jsc.nasa.gov to your "Trusted Sites" list. FIRST TIME USERS ONLY - For instructions on adding a trusted site, click here.
- Disable all of Internet Explorer’s pop-up blockers – If you do not disable the pop-blockers you will not be able to install the network connect software.
- Enter your NDC domain account User ID and password into the appropriate fields on the homepage.
- Enter your RSA PIN and Token Code into the appropriate field on the homepage. PLEASE NOTE: If you are a FIRST TIME TOKEN USER, you will only need to enter your Token Code.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
FIRST TIME TOKEN USERS: You will only need to enter your 6-digit Token Code, then click "Sign In." You will then be prompted to set a new Token PIN.
- PINs must be exactly 8 characters long and alphanumeric.
- Example: If your RSA pin number is "1234abcd" and your token code is "024 126", you would enter "1234abcd024126" in the "RSA PIN + Token Code" field.
- Once the PIN is set, WAIT 15 MINUTES before logging in with your RSA PIN and Token Code.
- Allow the Juniper Network Connect Client to install on your machine. You may also be prompted to install Active X. If so, allow the install.
- Click the “Start” button to launch the Juniper Network Connect Client and begin your VPN session.
Look for the Juniper Network Connect Icon, in the system tray to verify that you are connected to the network.
- When you are finished with your VPN session, right-click the Juniper Network Connect Icon and click “Sign Out” to close the VPN connection.
- Basic problems and solutions for Remote Network Access RSA Tokens
- General information about the RSA Tokens.
Contact the IRD Customer Support Center, phone: (281) 244-6367, or email: email@example.com