Requirements for Remote Network Access (RNA) through Virtual Private Network (VPN)
WSTF VPN: Mac Instructions for RSA Tokens
- RSA Token - If you do not have an RSA Token, click here for instructions on how to order one.
- WSTF Domain Account with Dial-In Permissions - If you are not sure whether or not your account has Dial-in permissions, please call the IRD Customer Support Center at 281-244-6367.
- Macintosh Computer Running Mac OS X or Mac OS X 10.5
- Current Antivirus Software
- High Speed Broadband Internet Connection
- If you need remote access to your work computer’s hard drive, network drives, or your Outlook personal folders, you will need to fill out the Remote Access Info Sheet for Macs.
How to Connect Using VPN
- Open up Safari and proceed to the WSTF VPN Homepage at https://vpn.wstf.jsc.nasa.gov. Agree to all security warnings to get to the homepage. NOTE: Safari is the only browser that is compatible with the WSTF VPN Homepage on a Macintosh.
- Disable all Safari pop-up blockers – NOTE: If you do not disable the pop-blockers, you will not be able to install the network connect software.
- Enter your NDC domain account User ID and password into the appropriate fields on the homepage.
- Enter your RSA PIN and Token Code into the appropriate field on the homepage. PLEASE NOTE: If you are a FIRST TIME TOKEN USER, you will only need to enter your Token Code.
- Click the "Sign In" button.
FIRST TIME TOKEN USERS: You will only need to enter your 6-digit Token Code, then click "Sign In." You will then be prompted to set a new Token PIN.
- PINs must be exactly 8 characters long and alphanumeric.
- Example: If your RSA pin number is "1234abcd" and your token code is "024 126", you would enter "1234abcd024126" in the "RSA PIN + Token Code" field.
- Once the PIN is set, WAIT 15 MINUTES before logging in with your RSA PIN and Token Code.
- Allow all software clients to install on your machine.
- Click the “Start” button to launch the Juniper Network Connect Client and begin your VPN session.
- Once you see the Network Connect icon, in the dock and the following window appears, you are connected to the JSC internal network.
Network Connection Icon
- When you are finished with your VPN session, click the “Sign Out” button in the Juniper Network Connect Window to close the VPN connection to the JSC network.
- Basic problems and solutions for Remote Network Access RSA Tokens
- General information about the RSA Tokens.
Contact the IRD Customer Support Center, phone: (281) 244-6367, or email: email@example.com