MAINTAINING BONE MINERAL DENSITY
One health concern that arises when shifting from an environment with gravity to microgravity is the loss of bone mass density. Students will analyze two different exercise countermeasures and construct null and alternative hypotheses to determine their relative effectiveness in maintaining bone mineral density.
› Maintaining Bone Mineral Density Educator Edition (PDF 435 KB)
› Maintaining Bone Mineral Density Student Edition (PDF 173 KB)
Files for use with the TI-Nspire™
› Maintaining Bone Mineral Density TI_Nspire Educator Edition (PDF 142 KB)
› Maintaining Bone Mineral Density TI_Nspire Student Edition (PDF 115 KB)
Note: The following files are software specific files for Texas Instrument Nspire calculators.
› Maintaining Bone Mineral Density TI_Nspire Document (TNS 129 KB)
› Maintaining Bone Mineral Density TI_Nspire Document w/ Solutions (TNS 133 KB)
› VIDEO: How Space Exploration Affects Astronaut’s Bones
- construct a null and alternative hypothesis;
- choose an appropriate hypothesis test;
- check assumptions necessary to conduct the hypothesis test;
- perform the hypothesis test; and
- draw the correct conclusion based on the results of the test.