Despite project managers' best efforts, software development remains a highly unpredictable process. Effective management, however, mitigates many of the inherent risks. APPEL consultants offer one-on-one mentoring and tailored workshops to transfer the skills necessary to consistently bring software projects in on schedule and within budget, while meeting customer and management expectations.
Software Project Management
APPEL project support services address the uniqueness of software development within the project management and systems engineering environments. Teams learn the management processes necessary for consistent and reliable software development and delivery. Consultants share practical techniques that can be put to immediate use in reviewing software/hardware requirements, critiquing test plans, developing a Work Breakdown Structure, and establishing control processes.
Estimating Software Projects
APPEL consultants are available to help project teams forecast and manage software development costs, resources, and schedules. Tailored workshops focus on applying an industry-standard, eight-phase estimation process, SoftEST (formerly REVIC), to meet project needs.
- Developing an effective team to fit environment and organizational requirements Reviewing software requirement and allocation
- Critiquing a software test plan.
- Developing a software network diagram and Work Breakdown Structure.
- Analyzing project opportunities and risks.
- Establishing control processes to achieve quality, error-free software
- Using estimating models as a management tool throughout the software development process.
- Accounting for tailored development methodologies.
- Implementing design-to-cost and design-to-schedule strategies.