APPEL Knowledge Sharing Overview
The Academy's Knowledge Sharing Initiative promotes excellence in project management and engineering leadership development. Its primary strategy focuses on gathering and sharing knowledge and wisdom from the best program/project and engineering leaders across the Agency. This initiative has proven to be an effective catalyst in building and supporting ongoing NASA communities of practice.
Dialogue through narratives and informal storytelling is used to give practitioners a sense of the context in which experience has been acquired, obstacles overcome, successes achieved. The storytelling conversational format also helps practitioners grasp the tacit nature of the knowledge being shared.
Training, forums, publications, and multimedia provide NASA managers, scientists, and engineers with examples and lessons learned, while leading teams through the various steps of project management.
- ASK Magazine — Award-winning quarterly source for NASA project management and engineering excellence
- ASK the Academy — Monthly electronic newsletter
- Robust Case Studies — Used across NASA to facilitate discussion and learning
- A growing library of knowledge sharing broadcasts, including many videos of leading thinkers and practitioners in the fields of project management, systems engineering, and knowledge management
+ Learn More
- A series of Web-based learning videos that bring together two master practitioners to reflect on their experiences, lessons learned, and thoughts about upcoming challenges
+ Learn More