Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)—Online Training Course
This course is designed for project team members who are responsible for planning, controlling, and analyzing cost, schedule, and technical performance of an activity, project, or contract.
This 40-hour online training courses introduces the standards, objectives, policies, and procedures embodied in the EVM system by the government customer. It also presents the background of EVM, and provides context that explains why the guideline exists and why systems are implemented by contractors.
Videos, interactive case studies, and quizzes.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the government policy and benefits for a single contractor unique system meeting a basic set of 32 guidelines.
- Review list of government acquisition management policies concerning EVM Systems applications.
- Become aware of various government thresholds requiring EVM Systems.
- Understand some of the background and history of the development of EVM Systems.
- Understand that cost, schedule, and technical risk determine the system tailoring to fit management of a specific program.
- Become aware of the need to balance the cost of maintaining a performance measurement system with its application benefit of reducing program risks.
- Understand the data element requirements and the five areas of system implementation and maintenance.
Competencies and Technical Areas Addressed
Earned value management.