Passing the Project Management Professional Exam (APPEL-PMP)
This course is designed for individuals seeking the Project Management Professional certification.
This 3.5-day course will acquaint the student with the 44 Project Management Institute (PMI) processes, their inputs, tools, techniques and outputs that comprise approximately 80% of the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam. It will also give the student the opportunity to become acquainted with the significant amount of material on professional responsibility and human resources that is not covered in PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
The large amount of material to be absorbed requires that the material be presented in a variety of ways. In addition to conventional lecture, the participants will act in skits, participate in games, see videos and hear effective jingles, poems, and use other mnemonic, interactive learning techniques. Participants will take notes using color-coded pens that will match a large colored chart they receive. The presentation will address all learning styles.
Qualifications for this Course
Interested students are encouraged to contact the instructor (Chris Bart)
in advance to determine if they qualify to register for and attend this course.
During this course participants will:
- Be guided personally through the application process for the Project Management Institute's PMP examination.
- Be counseled in advance to ensure that they are qualified to sit for the 200-question, four-hour PMP exam.
Competencies and Technical Areas Addressed
- Delivery, Operation, and Closeout
- Human Capital Management
- Knowledge Management
- Professional and Leadership Development
- Program Control and Evaluation
- Project Conceptualization
- Project Implementation
- Resource Management
- Safety and Mission Assurance