Requirements Development and Management – Team (APPEL-REQ-T)
This course is designed to meet the needs of intact project teams, including project managers, systems engineers, users, customers, developers, testers and other relevant stakeholders. Anyone involved in the development, review or management of project scope and system or product requirements for a project will benefit from this training. The seminar is applicable to projects large and small as well as hardware and software projects of all sizes.
This three-day course provides a project team with just-in-time-training for the development and management of the project's product scope and requirements. During this course, the project's existing scope and requirements documentation are reviewed and used to allow participants to determine which areas need improvement and further work. The resulting effort is improved project scope, requirements, action items and better communication between team members. This course will help the project team apply requirement engineering best practices necessary to develop a winning product—one that delivers what is needed, when it is needed, within the projected costs and with the expected quality.
Lectures, discussion, and individual and small-group learning exercises will help the project team learn how to develop and manage the project's product scope and requirements. Exercises are included based on the project's existing requirements allowing participants to improve their project's requirements as part of the seminar.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define a project's product need, goals, and objectives.
- Identify drivers and constraints.
- Develop and document operational concepts.
- Identify and define a product's external interfaces.
- Explain product scope, product validation and baselining.
- Identify the characteristics of good and well-written requirements.
- Write requirements at the correct level and to link requirements.
- Correctly allocate requirements.
- Identify types of requirements that must be defined.
- Apply continuous and discrete requirement validation activities to remove requirement defects.
Competencies and Technical Areas Addressed
- Requirements Development
- Requirements Management