Transition, Product Delivery and Mission Operations (APPEL-TPDMO)
This course is designed for NASA's technical workforce, including systems engineers and project personnel who seek to develop the competencies required to succeed as a leader of a project team, functional team, or small project.
This four-day course is intended to demonstrate the processes, procedures, and strategies necessary to implement effective product development, transition, delivery, and operations.
Learning will be through lectures, discussions, group exercises and activities such as actual product development, transition, and discussion of operations problems of all types (with an emphasis on NASA missions and systems).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the enabling processes for product development or acquisition.
- Describe the various activities/ strategies that support effective product implementation.
- Describe the evaluation process of enabling product readiness.
- Evaluate validation of lower level procured products and preparation of the environment for integration.
- Develop a plan for product integration.
- Identify the "active ingredients" of product integration documentation.
- Describe product verification and validation processes and how the outcomes are analyzed and reported, including all the support documentation.
- Identify the various documentations that support product transition.
- Identify product transition processes, procedures, and enabling product needs.
- Assess the value of operations planning and execution.
- Identify the processes for product operations.
Competencies and Technical Areas Addressed
- Product Implementation
- Product Integration
- Product Operations
- Product Transition
- Product Validation
- Product Verification