Lesson Title: Student Glovebox
Students design their own investigation of the characteristics of various liquids.
• Design a droplet investigation of liquids experiment.
• Design experiment hardware that can be used in their team's glovebox.
• Experiment with various fibers and liquids.
• Determine which fibers and liquids produce the most spherical droplet.
• Determine ways to mount fibers.
• Write instructions to conduct the activity.
• Present their conclusions.
Professional Development Training Module for This Lesson
Lesson Activities and Sequence
A model glovebox is constructed of a copy paper box and craft materials and used to investigate properties of liquids.
Keywords: copier paper box, gloves, ISS
National Science Education Standards, NSTA
Science as Inquiry
• Understanding of scientific concepts.
• An appreciation of "how we know" what we know in science.
• Understanding of the nature of science.
• Skills necessary to become independent inquirers about the natural world.
• The dispositions to use the skills, abilities and attitudes associated with science.
• Properties of objects and materials.
Science and Technology
• Abilities of technological design.
• Understanding about science and technology.