Lesson Title: Have Seed Will Travel
This lesson introduces students to the concept of adaption to increase an organism's ability to survive.
• Compare plants unique adaptations to reproducing in their environment.
Professional Development Training Module for This Lesson
Lesson Activities and Sequence
SciFiles Guide: The Case of the Habitable Habitat
Have Seed Will Travel
Activity illustrates how plants use a variety of seed distribution methods in order to reproduce and colonize
Keywords: adaptation, survival, plants
National Science Education Standards, NSTA
Science and Technology
• Abilities to distinguish between natural objects and objects made by humans.
• Characteristics of organisms.
• Organisms and environments.
• Diversity and adaptations of organisms.
Science in Personal and Social Perspectives
• Characteristics and changes in populations.
• Changes in environments.
Science as Inquiry
• Understanding of scientific concepts.
• Skills necessary to become independent inquirers about the natural world.