Lesson Title: Space Rocks! A Giant Meteorite Board Game
This is a board game. Students assume the roles of meteorites and play a giant board game to learn about meteors, meteoroids and meteorites. They compete to get to Antarctica, where they have the chance to be found and studied by scientists!
• Investigate the difference between a meteoroid, meteor, meteorite, asteroid and comet.
• Compare and contrast the characteristics of meteorites and Earth rocks.
• Explore what happens to a meteoroid as it moves from outer space to the Earth's surface.
Lesson Activities and Sequence
Space Rocks! A Meteorite Game
Keywords: meteoroid, meteor, meteor showers, games, simulations, asteroids
National Science Education Standards, NSTA
Earth and Space Science
• Properties of Earth materials.
• Objects in the sky.
• Changes in the Earth and sky.
Science as Inquiry
• An appreciation of "how we know" what we know of science.
• Understanding of scientific concepts.