Share NES With Others!
Excited about NASA Explorer Schools and want to tell others about this NASA resource? Use these materials to promote awareness and participation in NES. All materials may be viewed on the Web or downloaded to your computer.
About the Project
Check out this video to find out what NASA Explorer Schools is all about!
NASA Explorer Schools provides educators of grades 4-12 access to NASA's people, missions, research and facilities through a comprehensive set of NASA's free classroom materials to help teach dozens of science, technology, engineering and mathematics, or STEM, concepts.
Benefits of Registering to Be a NASA Explorer Schools Educator:
• A searchable lesson library linking subjects you teach to NASA's innovative research and scientific discoveries.
• Professional development and support to help you implement NASA lessons into your classroom.
• NASA Now classroom videos featuring NASA careers and STEM concepts connected to real-world missions and projects.
• Live video chats for students to ask content- or career-related questions of NASA experts during a one-hour event. Collaboration tools for gathering and sharing ideas and resources with other NES educators and NASA staff.
• Recognition opportunities for you and your students for innovative integration of NES teaching materials and exemplary use of best practices in STEM education.
• Live Help Desk support to help you find what you need.
View a comprehensive set of NASA's free classroom materials found on the NASA Explorer School's virtual campus.
› View list (PDF 321KB)
Registration in the NASA Explorer Schools project is open to all educators working with students in grades 4-12 in the United States, a U.S. territory, or a Department of Defense or Department of State school. Upon registration, you will be asked to identify your position as one of the following: classroom teacher, administrator, pre-service teacher, home school educator, or other, which includes classroom support staff, informal educators and higher education staff. Participation in NES recognition opportunities is limited to U.S. citizens with a current, valid education certificate in a state or nationally accredited education institution (grades 4-12) in the United States or a U.S. territory, or in a Department of Defense or Department of State school.
Join NES Today!
Signing up is quick and easy! Complete the online NES registration form and participate in a live orientation session event OR view the self-guided orientation session. For more information, review the NES Frequently Asked Questions, or email NES staff at the Help Desk: NASA-Explorer-Schools@mail.nasa.gov.