The "mHealth - Smart Media and Health: Applications Benefiting Life in Space and on Earth," NHHPC workshop for NHHPC members was held June 7 in Washington DC at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health in conjunction with the second DC Health Data and Innovation Week.
The workshop program included keynote speakers Todd Park, US CTO, and Philip Fasano, Executive VP and CIO at Kaiser Permanente followed by a panel focused on mHealth: Earth and Space Applications with panelists from NASA JSC, NETRA - MIT Media Lab, FDA and more. Mobiquity, Inc and Rock Health presented and afternoon breakout sessions included health care data access, health technologies for smart phones, smart phone apps, and environmental health technologies, to name a few. Facilitators of the breakout sessions represented NIH, Johnson & Johnson, West Wireless Health Institute and others.
The workshop concluded with remarks by Wyle's Science, Technology and Engineering Group President. , 2012)
- Workshop Agenda
- Breakout Session Room Assignments (PDF)
- Workshop Summary Summary (PDF)
- Workshop Executive Summary (PDF)
- Speaker Biographies
NHHPC Overview and NASA Mobile Health for Exploration Medical Capability (PDF)
- Jeffrey R. Davis, MD, MS, Director, Space Life Sciences, NASA Johnson Space Center
Consumer-driven health care mobile access for mobile patients (PDF)
- Phil Fasano, EVP and Chief Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente
Democratizing Health Diagnostics (PDF)
- Ramesh Raskar Associate Professor, MIT Media Lab
Dry Electrode Harness System for Wireless Self Acquisition of Resting 12-lead ECGs to Android Smart Phones (PDF)
- Todd T. Schlegel, MD, NASA Johnson Space Center
Unleashing the Power of Mobile Innovation in Healthcare (PDF)
- Scott A. Snyder, PhD President and Chief Strategy Officer Senior Fellow, The Wharton School
mHealth at NIH (PDF)
- William (Bill) Riley, PhD, Program Director in the Division of Cardiovascular Sciences at the NHLBI
View the workshop comments on Twitter using #NASAhealth.