Shuttle Crew Fields Spanish and English YouTube Questions
The STS-128 crew answered questions submitted by YouTube users in English and Spanish during its mission to the International Space Station. The seven astronauts launched on the STS-128 mission August 28.
Several questions were selected to be answered live from orbit by the crew during a special event that was broadcast on NASA Television. STS-128 astronaut Jose Hernandez, one crew member who answered questions, is providing insights on his training in both English and Spanish via Twitter.
› Follow Astronaut Jose Hernandez on Twitter
STS-128 Crew Question Picks/Answers
- How different is it sleeping in space vs. sleeping on Earth? - Answer
- What is the objective of the International Space Station? - Answer
- How do you counteract being disoriented in space? - Answer
- How do you know if your spacesuit is broken? - Answer
- Have you ever passed by a meteorite field or space garbage? What has happened?
- With your unique perspective on the world from orbit, what advice can you give to the next generation of scientific thinkers as they enter adulthood? - Answer
- Que tan diferente es dormir en el espacio vs. Dormir en la tierra?
- Cuál es el objetivo de la misión espacial internacional?
- Cómo contrarrestan ser desorientados en el espacio?
- Cómo saben si su traje espacial está roto?
- Han pasado por un campo de meteoritos o basura espacial y que ha ocurrido? - Answer
- Con su perspectiva única en el mundo desde orbita, que consejos pueden darle a la siguiente generación de científicos al entrar a la edad adulta?