Mission: Space Technology 5 (ST5)
Launch Vehicle: Orbital Sciences Pegasus XL
Launch Date: Feb. 28, 2006
Launch Window: 8:57 – 10:19 A.M. EST
Targeted Drop Time: 9:04 a.m. EST
- The ST5 spacecraft will be mated to the Pegasus XL rocket today in the Orbital Sciences hangar, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
- Pegasus Flight Simulation No. 4, an integrated test with the ST5 spacecraft, is scheduled for Wednesday.
- ST5 final functional testing and spacecraft closeouts are scheduled for Feb. 11 and 12.
- The three-day operation to install the Pegasus vehicle fairing around the ST5 spacecraft is scheduled to begin Feb. 14.
Mission: Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observation and CloudSat
Launch Vehicle: Boeing Delta 7420 with Dual Payload Attach Fitting
Launch Pad: Space Launch Complex 2, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
Launch Date: Under Review
Launch Window: TBD
- The strike against Boeing by the International Association of Machinists was settled this week. A launch timeframe is under review pending resolution of any technical issues.
- CALIPSO and CloudSat are installed in the Dual Payload Attach Fitting at the Astrotech payload processing facilities on Vandenberg. They will remain there until a new launch date is determined and then be prepared for transportation to NASA's Space Launch Complex 2.
- Delta II preparations at the launch pad are on hold until the payloads arrive for installation atop the second stage.
Previous status reports are available on the Web at:
For information about NASA and agency programs on the Web, visit:
- end -
NASA press releases and other information are available automatically by sending a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
George Diller Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
(Phone: (321) 867-2468)