NASA Selects Services Firm For Langley Research Center
Michael Braukus |
Langley Research Center, Hampton, Va.
January 30, 2004
NASA selected Jacobs Sverdrup, Tullahoma, Tenn., to provide operations, maintenance and engineering services in support of research and institutional facilities at Langley Research Center (LaRC), Hampton, Va.
Analytical Services & Materials, Inc., Hampton, Va.; Sierra Lobo, Inc., Fremont, Ohio; and Tessada & Associates, Inc., Springfield, Va., are major subcontractors to Jacobs Sverdrup.
The research operations, maintenance and engineering contract is a consolidated follow-on to eight existing support-service contracts, and includes work from three other current contracts. Specific functions include:
• research facility electrical, mechanical, structural, process and automation systems engineering, design and development;
• architectural-engineering designs, analyses, drawings, specifications and cost estimates for institutional facilities;
• general drafting;
• engineering library support;
• configuration management and maintenance of engineering drawing files;
• central utilities systems operations, maintenance and engineering;
• maintenance, repair and alterations of research and institutional facilities;
• work control, energy management and duty officer activities;
• test engineering and operations support for research facilities, including turnkey operations responsibility for five of Langley's largest wind tunnels;
• research instrumentation systems development and support;
• calibration, maintenance and repair of instrumentation, including LaRC's metrology program;
• research facility data-acquisitions systems development and support;
• high-pressure systems recertification; and
• systems development and administration for facilities-related management information systems.
The hybrid contract carries performance incentives and is valued at more than $950 million over a potential term of 10 years. Work will be performed at LaRC, as well as at contractor facilities in Hampton.
- end -
text-only version of this release
NASA press releases and other information are available automatically by sending a blank e-mail message to email@example.com. To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to NASA Newsroom | Back to NASA Homepage