It has been one year since the SCAN Testbed was launched onboard a Japanese H-IIB Transfer Vehicle and installed on the International Space Station (ISS). The Testbed is the first experimental laboratory to demonstrate software defined radio (SDR) communications, networking and navigation technologies. In April 2013, it began conducting experiments after completing its checkout and commissioning operations. Below is a list of groups that are currently conducting experiments with the SCAN Testbed.
- Scintillation-Hardened GPS (Solar Flare Study) - Comm Largo Inc.
- Single-Carrier FDMA Adaptive CPM - FIT and Harris Corporation
- Signal Classification and Interference Mitigation - Virginia Tech University
- GPS Jammer Detection and Geolocation - NAVSYS Corp.
- Calibration of Satellite Antenna Arrays - Ohio State University
- Secure DTN Communications - Innoflight Incorporated
- Civil GPS Navigation Test (CNAV) (Phase I) - Air Force
- Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN) International Interoperability - CNES and NASA