Apply for a NASA Social Media Credential
NASA's social media engagement goal is to gain maximum exposure for the work of the agency. Social media members are defined as those who are actively engaged in the pursuit of information distribution in a professional manner about the space program or other NASA activities.
NASA Social Media Credential Criteria
At designated events, NASA will provide media credentials to social networking users who will actively collect, report, analyze and disseminate NASA news and information on digital media platforms. Attendees will have the same access to the event as news media. This includes, but is not limited to, attending tours and viewing opportunities, news conferences, demonstrations, interviews with key personnel. Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-filled basis by applicants that best meet eligibility criteria listed below.
Eligible social media criteria:
All social media accreditation applications
- Actively use multiple social networking platforms and tools to disseminate information to a unique audience.
- Regularly produce new content that features multimedia elements.
- Have the potential to reach a large number of people using digital platforms.
- Reach a unique audience, separate and distinctive from traditional news media and/or NASA audiences.
- Must have an established history of posting content on social media platforms.
- Have previous postings that are highly visible, respected and widely recognized.
- Does NOT feature items such as profanity, spam, adult-oriented material, and/or other inappropriate activities.
will be considered on a case-by-case basis. NASA reserves the right to deny or remove credentials to anyone whose primary intention for attending the NASA event is, in our belief, for reasons other than sharing agency news with the public.
A social media credential application MUST be completed in order to obtain media credentials for an event. Your credential application and/or attendance does not qualify you for news media credentials in the future. You must reapply for future opportunities.
BEGIN APPLICATION PROCESS