[image-51]Test Stand 302 is an insulated 32 ft diameter by 38 ft high (10 m diameter by 11.6 m high) carbon steel altitude chamber capable of holding propulsion systems up to approximately 64 ft (19.5 m) in diameter. It has three interior levels for test article access.
- Single-position, vertical firing capability
- Altitude capability to 100 K ft (30.5 km) for engine firing with steam system; up to 250 K ft (76 km) non-firing with vacuum pumps
- Propellants: N2H4
- Propellant capability - 2800-gal hydrazine conditioning unit; propellant can be saturated with helium or nitrogen up to 540 psia; propellant temperature conditioned between 40 and 120 °F (4 to 49 °C); 2000-gal hydrazine dump tank
- Maximum thrust - 25 K lbf (111 kN)
- Vacuum test chamber: 33 ft diameter by 38 ft tall (10 m diameter by 11.6 m tall) or 58 ft (17.7 m) with extension
- Removable lid for large test article installation