NASA has selected 10 offerors to receive Aircraft Catalog Blanket Purchase Agreements, or BPAs, to provide the agency with access to a variety of airborne platforms to conduct airborne science research and range support including, radar surveillance and telemetry relay capability.
These aircraft platforms will accommodate light, medium, and heavy-lift instrumentation payloads on fixed wing platforms. Both manned and unmanned aerial platform access is available under these BPAs. The instrumentation payload(s) will be provided by the U.S. government or by non-U.S. government customers. Additional services of engineering, fabrication, and installation may be needed depending on the payload.
The catalog of BPAs will be managed by the Goddard Space Flight Center's Wallops Flight Facility, though the missions will be conducted at various locations within and occasionally outside the United States. Each BPA has a maximum ordering value of $10 million and an ordering period of five-years.
The offerors includes:
- AIRTEC – St. Mary’s County, MD
- Batelle Memorial Institute – Columbus, Ohio
- Dynamic – Bridgewater, VA
- FAA, LLC – Merritt Island, FL
- L3 Comm/BAI – Easton, MD
- Mohawk Technologies – Lantana, FL
- Orbital Sciences – Dulles, VA
- Theiss Aviation – Salem, Ohio
- Twin Otter Int’l – Las Vegas, NV
- Univ Research Foundation – Greenbelt, MD