Connect With Marshall
Stay connected with Marshall and its growing social media channels.
› View All
A list of the prime contractors doing business at Marshall.
› View PDF
Facilities & Expertise
The Marshall team works together across scientific and engineering disciplines to enable exploration and scientific discovery.
› Read More
Careers at Marshall
The exciting and fulfilling work we do at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center -- consistently ranked among the Best Places to Work in the federal government -- requires teamwork by scientists, engineers, computer programmers, personnel specialists, accountants, writers, maintenance workers and experts in many varied disciplines. Who are we? Learn more on our Faces of Marshall site. And for regular stories about our programs, projects and missions, browse the Marshall Star newsletter, the Focus on Marshall video files, and the Marshall at Work site.
Opportunities at NASA
Review job listings, post a resume or apply for a NASA job online at the NASAJobs Web site. You also may find employment opportunities at one of our contractor organizations.
Students can find opportunities for internships, cooperative programs, and summer employment through the NASAJobs website. For Marshall-specific student program information:
Learn more about How to Apply or get helpful tips on Posting Your Resume on NASAJobs. Search Now!
Explore Life in Huntsville, Ala.
An area long prosperous because of its agricultural production, Huntsville’s economy boomed in 1950 when the U.S. Army relocated its missile and rocket programs here. Ten years later, the Army’s space and rocket programs were transferred to the newly born civilian space agency -- NASA -- and the Marshall Space Flight Center was established on July 1, 1960.
A more current snapshot of modern, thriving Huntsville, according to the Huntsville Chamber of Commerce:
- City of Huntsville Population: 176,645
- Madison County Population: 319,510
- Huntsville was ranked one of the Top Five Small Cities of the Future in North and South America for 2011-2012 by FDI Magazine.
- Huntsville was ranked No. 1 among the Top 10 Places to Relocate in 2010 by RelocateAmerica.com.
- Huntsville was cited as The New Federal City in 2010 by GovernmentExecutive.com.
- Huntsville was ranked No. 3 on the 2010 Best-Performing Cities list by the Milken Institute.
- Huntsville was ranked No. 7 among the Most Attractive Metro Areas for Doing Business in 2010 by AreaDevelopment.com.
- Huntsville was ranked No. 8 among the Best Places for Careers and Business in 2010 by Forbes.com.
- Huntsville was ranked No. 19 among cities with the most affordable homes in 2010 by Money Magazine.
- Huntsville was ranked among the Best Places to Raise Your Kids in 2010 by BusinessWeek.
Huntsville -- the Star of Alabama!
More About Marshall
Published online every Wednesday, the Marshall Star is the Marshall weekly newspaper.
› Read Now
A fascinating look at the complex, challenging work at Marshall, and how its talented, dedicated team supports NASA goals.
› Read More (PDF)
Marshall at Work
Visit our website that highlights recent activities and developments around the center
› Read More
An overview of Marshall's key areas of support, outreach initiatives, spinoffs and visitor information.
› Read More (PDF, 1 MB)
The Marshall Center is a key contributor to significant NASA programs, continuing a legacy of accomplishment.
› Fact Sheet (PDF, 175 KB)
Economic Impact Brochure
Marshall plays a key role in the economic success of Alabama.
› Read Now