NASA SELECTS TENNESSEE FIRM TO PROVIDE OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE AND ENGINEERING SERVICES
NASA selected Jacobs Sverdrup, Tullahoma, Tenn., to provide operations, maintenance and engineering services in support of research and institutional facilities at the Langley Research Center, Hampton, Va.
Analytical Services & Materials, Inc., of Hampton, Va.; Sierra Lobo, Inc., of Fremont, Ohio; and Tessada & Associates, Inc., of Springfield, Va., will be major subcontractors to Jacobs Sverdrup.
The research operations, maintenance and engineering contract is a consolidated follow-on to eight existing support service contracts, plus work from three other current contracts. Specific functions include:
- research facility electrical, mechanical, structural, process and automation systems engineering, design and development;
- architectural-engineering designs, analyses, drawings, specifications and cost estimates for institutional facilities;
- general drafting;
- engineering library support;
- configuration management and maintenance of engineering drawing files;
- central utilities systems operations, maintenance and engineering;
- maintenance, repair and alterations of research and institutional facilities;
- work control, energy management and duty officer activities;
- test engineering and operations support for research facilities, including turnkey operations responsibility for five of Langley's largest wind tunnels;
- research instrumentation systems development and support;
- calibration, maintenance and repair of instrumentation, including Langley's metrology program;
- research facility data acquisitions systems development and support;
- high-pressure systems recertification;
- systems development and administration for facilities-related management information systems.
The hybrid contract carries performance incentives and is valued at more than $950 million over a potential term of 10 years. Work will be performed at Langley as well as at contractor facilities in Hampton.