Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
Nov. 8, 1995
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER SPACE SHUTTLE STATUS REPORT
11:54 AM EST
MISSION: STS-74 -- 2nd MIR DOCKING (Docking Module)
LAUNCH - 3 DAYS
LOCATION: Pad 39A
TARGET LAUNCH DATE/TIME: Nov. 11 at 7:56 a.m.
LAUNCH WINDOW: 7 minutes
TARGET MIR DOCKING DATE/TIME: Nov. 14 at about 2:20 a.m.
TARGET KSC LANDING DATE/TIME: Nov. 19 at about 1:25 p.m.
MISSION DURATION: 8 days, 5 hours
CREW SIZE: 5
ORBITAL ALTITUDE and INCLINATION: 196-245 statute miles/51.6 degrees
NOTE: The countdown for launch of mission STS-74 began at 7 a.m. today. The seven-minute launch window opens at 7:56 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 11. The crew arrived at KSC’s Shuttle Landing Facility at about 10:50 a.m. today. Forecasters are currently predicting a 30 percent chance of weather violating launch commit criteria on Saturday.
IN WORK TODAY:
· Final vehicle and facility close-outs for launch
· Stowage of flight crew equipment
· Start preparations for servicing fuel cell storage tanks
· Begin launch countdown (7 a.m.)
· Crew arrival at Shuttle Landing Facility (10:50 a.m.)
· Countdown preparations
· Aft engine compartment close-outs
· Ordnance installation and hypergolic pressurization
KEY OPERATIONAL MILESTONES:
· Load cryogenic reactants into Atlantis' fuel cell storage tanks (about 3 a.m. Thursday)
· Move Rotating Service Structure to park position (about 1:30 p.m. Friday)
· Begin cryogenic loading of external tank for flight (about 10:36 p.m. Friday)
NOTE: For additional details regarding STS-74 countdown milestones,
please refer to KSC Release No. 121-95.
SUMMARY OF BUILT-IN HOLDS FOR STS-74
T-TIME LENGTH OF HOLD HOLD BEGINS HOLD ENDS
T-27 hours 4 hours 11:00 p.m. Wed. 3:00 a.m. Thurs.
T-19 hours 8 hours 11:00 a.m. Thurs. 7:00 p.m. Thurs.
T-11 hours 13 hours, 6 minutes 3:00 a.m. Fri. 4:06 p.m. Fri.
T-6 hours 2 hours 9:06 p.m. Fri. 11:06 p.m. Fri.
T-3 hours 2 hours 2:06 a.m. Sat. 4:06 a.m. Sat.
T-20 minutes 10 minutes 6:46 a.m. Sat. 6:56 a.m. Sat.
T-9 minutes 40 minutes 7:07 a.m. Sat. 7:47 a.m. Sat.
CREW FOR MISSION STS-74
Commander (CDR): Ken Cameron
Pilot (PLT): James Halsell
Mission Specialist (MS1): Chris Hadfield
Mission Specialist (MS2): Jerry Ross
Mission Specialist (MS3): William McArthur
SUMMARY OF STS-74 LAUNCH DAY CREW ACTIVITIES
Friday, Nov. 10
10:00 p.m. Wake up
10:30 p.m. Breakfast
Saturday, Nov. 11
* 2:51 a.m. Lunch and crew photo
3:21 a.m. Weather briefing (CDR, PLT, MS2)
3:21 a.m. Don launch and entry suits (MS1, MS3)
3:31 a.m. Don launch and entry suits (CDR, PLT, MS2)
* 3:41 a.m. Crew suiting photo
* 4:01 a.m. Depart for launch pad 39A
* 4:41 a.m. Arrive at white room and begin ingress
* 5:56 a.m. Close crew hatch
* 7:56 a.m. Launch
* Televised events (times may vary slightly)
All times Eastern
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.