Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
Oct. 31, 1995
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER SPACE SHUTTLE STATUS REPORT
10:35 AM EST
Flight Day 12
MISSION: STS-73 -- U.S. MICROGRAVITY LABORATORY-2
OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE/TIME: Oct. 20 at 9:53 a.m. (EDT)
TARGET KSC LANDING DATE/ *TIME: Nov. 5 at 6:54 a.m. (EST)
*MISSION DURATION: 15 days, 22 hours, 1 minute
CREW SIZE: 7
ORBITAL ALTITUDE and INCLINATION: 172 statute miles/39 degrees
* change from earlier status
NOTE: Mission status reports are issued daily from the Johnson Space Center and payload status reports are issued from the Marshall Space Flight Center.
The STS-73 crew are: Commander Ken Bowersox; Pilot Kent Rominger; Mission Specialists Catherine Coleman, Michael Lopez-Alegria and Kathryn Thornton; and Payload Specialists Fred Leslie and Albert Sacco.
MISSION: STS-74 -- 2nd MIR DOCKING (Docking Module)
LOCATION: Pad 39A
TARGET LAUNCH DATE/TIME: Nov. 11 at 7:56 a.m.
LAUNCH WINDOW: 6 minutes, 57 seconds
TARGET MIR DOCKING DATE/TIME: Nov. 14 at about 2:20 a.m.
TARGET KSC LANDING DATE/TIME: Nov. 19 at about 1:28 p.m.
MISSION DURATION: 8 days, 5 hours
CREW SIZE: 5
ORBITAL ALTITUDE and INCLINATION: 196-245 statute miles/51.6 degrees
NOTE: Repairs to the tiles damaged on the rudder speed brake have been finished. Work to check the turbo pump discharge temperature sensors is in work today and is expected to be finished by tomorrow morning with no impact to the overall schedule.
IN WORK TODAY:
* Aft engine compartment close-outs
* Check-out contingency space suits
* Check turbo pump discharge temperature sensors on main engines
* Install contingency space suits
* Repair rudder speed brake tiles
KEY STS-74 OPERATIONAL MILESTONES (dates are target only):
* Close payload bay doors for flight (Nov. 2)
* Ordnance installation and pressurize hypergolic system (Nov. 3)
* Launch countdown begins (7 a.m. Nov. 8)
MISSION: STS-72 -- SFU-Retrieval & OAST-Flyer
LOCATION: Orbiter Processing Facility Bay 3
TARGET LAUNCH DATE/TIME: Jan. 11 at 4:18 a.m. EST
LAUNCH WINDOW: 60 minutes
TARGET KSC LANDING DATE/TIME: Jan. 20 at 2:54 a.m.
MISSION DURATION: 8 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes
CREW SIZE: 6
ORBITAL ALTITUDE and INCLINATION: 184 statute miles/28.45 degrees
KEY STS-72 OPERATIONAL MILESTONES (dates are target only):
* Install OAST-Flyer payload into payload bay (Nov. 3)
* Mate external tank with solid rocket boosters in Vehicle Assembly
Building (Nov. 9)
* Final payload bay door closure (Nov. 21)
* Roll to Vehicle Assembly Building (Nov. 29)
All times eastern
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to email@example.com. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.