Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
July 10, 1995
NASA's Space Shuttle Processing Status Report
LAUNCH MINUS 3 DAYS MISSION:
STS-70 -- TDRS-G
LOCATION: Pad 39-B
LAUNCH DATE/TIME: July 13 at 9:41 a.m.
LAUNCH WINDOW: 2 hours, 30 minutes
KSC LANDING DATE/TIME: July 21 at 7:51 a.m.
MISSION DURATION: 7 days, 22 hours
CREW SIZE: 5
ORBITAL ALTITUDE and INCLINATION: 184 statute miles/28.45 degrees
NOTE: The countdown for launch began at 10 a.m. today for a 2 1/2 hour launch window opening at 9:41 a.m. on Thursday, July 13. TDRS deployment is scheduled to occur at about 3:53 p.m. Thursday. Discovery is scheduled to land at KSC’s Shuttle Landing Facility at 7:51 a.m. July 21.
IN WORK TODAY:
* Begin final vehicle and facility close-outs for launch
* Start preparations for servicing fuel cell storage tanks
* Begin stowage of flight crew equipment
* Crew arrival (4:20 p.m. today)
* Close payload bay doors (7 p.m. today)
* Begin countdown at T-43 hours today at 10 a.m.
* Aft engine compartment close-outs
* TDRS payload close-outs
* Countdown preparations
KEY OPERATIONAL MILESTONES:
* Begin 5 hour operation to load cryogenic reactants into Discovery’s
fuel cell storage tanks (8 a.m. Tuesday)
* Move rotating service structure to launch position (about 5:30 p.m.
* External tank loading operations (about 1:21 a.m. Thursday)
NOTE: For additional details regarding STS-70 countdown milestones, please refer to KSC Release No. 66-95.
SUMMARY OF BUILT-IN HOLDS FOR STS-70
T-TIME LENGTH OF HOLD HOLD BEGINS HOLD ENDS
T-27 hours 4 hours 2:00 a.m. Tuesday 6:00 a.m. Tuesday
T-19 hours 8 hours 2:00 p.m. Tuesday 10:00 p.m. Tuesday
T-11 hours 13 hours, 21 minutes 6:00 a.m. Wednesday 7:21 p.m. Wednesday
T-6 hours 1 hour 12:21 a.m. Thursday 1:21 a.m. Thursday
T-3 hours 2 hours 4:21 a.m. Thursday 6:21 a.m. Thursday
T-20 minutes 10 minutes 9:01 a.m. Thursday 9:11 a.m. Thursday
T-9 minutes 10 minutes 9:22 a.m. Thursday 9:32 a.m. Thursday
CREW FOR MISSION STS-70
Tom Henricks Commander (CDR)
Kevin Kregel Pilot (PLT)
Donald Thomas Mission Specialist (MS1)
Nancy Currie Mission Specialist (MS2)
Mary Ellen Weber Mission Specialist (MS3)
SUMMARY OF STS-70 LAUNCH DAY CREW ACTIVITIES
Thursday, July 13
4:46 a.m. Wake up
* 5:16 a.m. Breakfast and crew photo
5:46 a.m. Weather briefing (CDR, PLT, MS2)
5:46 a.m. Don flight equipment (MS1, MS3)
5:56 a.m. Don flight equipment (CDR, PLT, MS2)
* 6:10 a.m. Crew suiting photo
* 6:26 a.m. Depart for launch pad 39B
* 6:56 a.m. Arrive at white room and begin ingress
* 8:11 a.m. Close crew hatch
* 9:41 a.m. Launch
* Televised events -- times may vary
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to email@example.com. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.