Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
July 3, 1995
NASA's Space Shuttle Processing Status Report
Mission number: STS-70
Location: Pad 39-B
Primary payload: TDRS-G/IUS-26
Orbital altitude: 184 statute miles
Inclination: 28.45 degrees
Mission Duration: 7 days, 22 hours
Launch date: July 13 (9:41 a.m.)
Landing date: July 21 (7:51 a.m.)
STS-70 IN WORK:
· Aft main engine compartment closeouts
STS-70 WORK SCHEDULED:
· Final ordnance work and hypergolic tank pressurization (Wednesday)
· Begin stowage of flight crew equipment (Wednesday)
· Begin countdown preparations in Firing Room 3 (Wednesday)
· TDRS battery charging begins (Thursday)
· External tank closeouts (Thursday)
· Solid rocket booster closeouts (Friday)
· Install aft main engine compartment flight doors (Saturday)
· Begin payload closeouts (Sunday)
· Begin countdown (July 10)
· Close payload bay doors (July 10)
· Astronaut arrival (July 10)
STS-70 WORK COMPLETED:
· TDRS-G/IUS-26 astronaut sharp edge inspection
· IUS Flight Readiness Checks
Endeavour/OV-105 (STS-69) Wake Shield Facility/Spartan 201-3
VAB High Bay 1
The Shuttle Interface Test to verify the electrical and mechanical connections between the orbiter, the external tank and solid rocket boosters is underway and will conclude on Wednesday. Rollout to Pad 39-A is scheduled for 12:01 a.m. on Thursday.
On Friday night the Wake Shield Facility began its trip from the Vertical Processing Facility to the launch pad. It was installed into the payload changeout room at the pad on Saturday morning. Installation into Endeavour’s payload bay is scheduled for July 12.
Columbia/OV-102 (STS-73) U.S. Microgravity Laboratory-2
OPF Bay 3
The main propulsion system leak and functional testing is continuing. Closeouts of the extended duration orbiter (EDO) pallet are also underway.
Atlantis/OV-104 (STS-71) Spacelab-MIR Laboratory Module
Landing at KSC is scheduled for 10:54 a.m. on Friday, July 7, weather permitting. A second opportunity is available at 12:30 p.m. Should landing be rescheduled by 24 hours the KSC landing times are 11:35 a.m. and 1:12 p.m.
KSC 24-Hour Weather Summary
Today’s minimum temperature: 73 degrees
Yesterday’s maximum temperature: 91 degrees
Lowest relative humidity: 55 percent
Peak wind speed/direction: 31 mph/S
Precipitation as of 7 a.m.: 0 inches
Total monthly precipitation: 0 inches
Barometric Pressure at 7 a.m.: 30.04
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.