Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
GOES-N Prelaunch Mission Webcast Coverage Set for June 21
NASA Direct, Kennedy Space Center's Internet broadcasting network, is featuring a prelaunch webcast of NASA's GOES-N mission. The webcast begins at 3:30 p.m. EDT Tuesday, June 21, and offers an overview of GOES-N's Earth-observing technologies. The program includes informative interviews with representatives from NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Experts will also take part in a question-and-answer session discussing the mission's goals as well as science and technology involved in GOES-N.
The launch is set for Thursday, June 23, from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla., with a launch window of 6:13 to 6:58 a.m. EDT. Updates on launch preparations can be viewed through the NASA portal Web site at:
GOES-N Prelaunch Webcast Participants
- Tiffany Nail, KSC's Launch Services Specialist, hosts the program.
- NOAA GOES Program Manager Steve Kirkner opens the webcast with an introduction to the GOES-N mission.
- U. S. Air Force Weather Officer Todd McNamara offers a forecast for the latest weather conditions on launch day.
- Rick Navarro, Boeing launch manager, details Delta IV rocket preparations and provides a launch countdown overview.
- GOES Deputy Program Manager Andre' Dress answers questions about the spacecraft and mission submitted to the NASA Direct Question Board by Web site visitors.
GOES-N Web Coverage Schedule
(All times are subject to change)
Tuesday, June 21, at 3:30 p.m. EDT
NASA Direct webcast from Kennedy Space Center: "Mission, Spacecraft, Science and Technology Webcast" at:
The NASA Direct question board closes at 11 a.m. on June 17. Program guests will answer questions submitted by the public. The questions can be viewed online at the GOES-N: Mission, Science and Technology page:
For the latest information on this mission, go to NASA's GOES-N Web site at:
For more information about the GOES-N online events, contact Dennis Armstrong at 321/867-2468.
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.