Kennedy News

George H. Diller
Kennedy Space Center
(321) 867-2468

June 8, 2003
RELEASE : 42-03
MER-A Launch Delayed For 24 Hours
Launch of the MER-A spacecraft aboard a Boeing Delta II vehicle scheduled for June 8 from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. has been postponed for 24 hours.

Due to approaching thunderstorms and the potential for high winds at the pad at launch time, mission managers opted to call off today’s launch attempt. The weather forecast for tomorrow is similar to that of today’s forecast with a 60 percent chance of violation of weather criteria. The forecast for Tuesday shows a slight improvement with a 40 percent chance of violation of weather criteria.

The launch times available for Monday, June 9 are 2:02:23 p.m. and 2:40:30 p.m. EDT.

NASA Television countdown coverage will begin 12 noon EDT tomorrow.

- end -


text-only version of this release

To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail message to ksc-subscribe@newsletters.nasa.gov. To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail message to ksc-unsubscribe@newsletters.nasa.gov. The system will confirm your request via e-mail.