George H. Diller
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
Expendable Launch Vehicle Status Report
Astrotech Space Operations Facility Launch Pad:
17-B Launch Vehicle:
Delta II 7925-H Launch Date:
Target June 30, 2007 Launch Window:
5:13:15 p.m. EDT
- Preparations are under way for moving the Dawn spacecraft to an adjacent clean room high bay for solar array integration.
- Next week, the two spacecraft solar arrays, each consisting of four panels, will be attached to the Dawn spacecraft and undergo deployment testing. A solar array lighting test also will be performed before the arrays are stowed for flight. This activity is scheduled for May 21-24.
- The spacecraft will be moved to Astrotech's Hazardous Processing Facility for fueling on May 26.
- The Delta II first stage will be hoisted into the launcher at Pad 17-B on May 23 and attachment of the nine solid rocket boosters will begin.
Payload Hazardous Servicing Facility Launch Pad:
17-A Launch Vehicle:
Delta II 7925 Launch Date:
Aug. 3, 2007 Launch Time:
5:35:18 a.m. EDT
- The dry spin test of the spacecraft was successfully completed. A heat shield deployment test also was successfully conducted Wednesday.
- The electrical power system final performance test was completed Thursday.
- The flight software will be loaded aboard the spacecraft on May 21.
- Compatibility testing with the Deep Space Network is scheduled for May 23-25.
- In Hangar AO at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, gimbal slew tests of the Delta II first-stage main engine will be conducted next week. These are main engine steering checks using the first-stage hydraulic systems.
Previous status reports are available on the Web at: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/launchingrockets/status/2007
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.