Expendable Launch Vehicle Status Report
George H. Diller|
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
Location: Astrotech Space Operations Facility
Launch Pad: 17-B
Launch Vehicle: Delta II 7925-H
Launch Date: Target June 30, 2007
Launch Window: 5:13:15 p.m. EDT
- Preparations are under way for moving the Dawn spacecraft to an adjacent clean room high bay for solar array integration.
- Next week, the two spacecraft solar arrays, each consisting of four panels, will be attached to the Dawn spacecraft and undergo deployment testing. A solar array lighting test also will be performed before the arrays are stowed for flight. This activity is scheduled for May 21-24.
- The spacecraft will be moved to Astrotech's Hazardous Processing Facility for fueling on May 26.
- The Delta II first stage will be hoisted into the launcher at Pad 17-B on May 23 and attachment of the nine solid rocket boosters will begin.
Location: Payload Hazardous Servicing Facility
Launch Pad: 17-A
Launch Vehicle: Delta II 7925
Launch Date: Aug. 3, 2007
Launch Time: 5:35:18 a.m. EDT
Previous status reports are available on the Web at:
- The dry spin test of the spacecraft was successfully completed. A heat shield deployment test also was successfully conducted Wednesday.
- The electrical power system final performance test was completed Thursday.
- The flight software will be loaded aboard the spacecraft on May 21.
- Compatibility testing with the Deep Space Network is scheduled for May 23-25.
- In Hangar AO at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, gimbal slew tests of the Delta II first-stage main engine will be conducted next week. These are main engine steering checks using the first-stage hydraulic systems.
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail message to email@example.com. The system will confirm your request via e-mail.