Ares I-X Status Report
Ares I-X Launch Date:
Oct. 27 Launch Pad:
39B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Fla. Upcoming key milestones:
- Oct. 14 - Launch Pad 39B modifications media event at 2 p.m. EDT
- Oct. 19 - Rollout to Launch Pad 39B targeted for 12:01 a.m. EDT
- Oct. 21 - Satellite live shot campaign at Launch Pad 39B from 6-9 a.m. EDT
- Oct. 23 - L-4 Flight Test Readiness Review followed by a news conference on NASA TV targeted for 5 p.m. EDT
- Oct. 24 - L-3 Launch Status briefing on NASA TV at 10 a.m. EDT
- Oct. 25 - L-2 Launch Status Briefing on NASA TV at 10 a.m. EDT
- Oct. 26 - Prelaunch News Conference on NASA TV at 1 p.m. EDT
- Oct. 27 (target) - Ares I-X flight test launch at 8 a.m. EDT Ares I-X Flight Hardware This week's milestones include:
- Launch Readiness Review was held at Kennedy
- At the conclusion of the review, KSC management determined that there are no major launch processing or engineering issues, and the team should proceed toward the scheduled rollout on October 19.
- Launch Vehicle Readiness Testing was successfully completed
- This test ran the vehicle through a series of simulated pre and post launch events to ensure all systems operate properly before rolling out to the launch pad
- Thermal Excursion testing
- This test determined the temperature sensitive avionics can operate safely without purge for a 4-hour launch countdown window
- Launch Abort System and Crew Module simulator closeouts
- Upper Stage closeouts have begun
- Final Hydraulic System closeouts Upcoming milestones:
- Rollout Ares I-X Ground Support Equipment
- At Launch Pad 39B, modifications are complete
The Ares I-X flight test will provide NASA an early opportunity to check and prove hardware, analysis and modeling methods, and facilities and ground operations needed to develop the NASA's next crew launch vehicle.
For more information about the Ares I-X flight test, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX
Previous status reports are available at: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/moonandmars/status/index.html
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.