Ares I-X Status Report
Ares I-X Launch Date:
Targeted for Oct. 31 Launch Pad:
39B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Fla. Ares I-X Flight Hardware This week's milestones include:
- Launch Team countdown simulation from the firing room
- First vehicle power up preparations ongoing
- Electrical cable run installations continue in support of power up Upcoming milestones:
- Vehicle power up Ares I-X Ground Support Equipment
- At Launch Pad 39B, modifications are ongoing
- Environmental Control System (ECS) final hardware installations
- Installation of the Vehicle Stabilization System
The Ares I-X flight test will provide NASA an early opportunity to check and prove hardware, analysis and modeling methods, and facilities and ground operations needed to develop NASA's next crew launch vehicle.
For more information about the Ares I-X flight test, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX
Previous status reports are available at: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/moonandmars/status/index.html
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to email@example.com. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.