Ares I-X Status Report
Ares I-X Launch Date:
Targeted for Oct. 31 Launch Pad:
39B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Fla. Ares I-X Flight Hardware Last week's milestones include:
- Modal testing of the flight test vehicle complete
- A series of sensors strategically located throughout the stack will measure the amount and direction of movement, as the electro-mechanical shakers impose random loads to determine the rocket segment's first several bending modes
- Development flight instrumentation testing is now complete This week's milestones include:
- Launch Team simulation from the firing room
- First vehicle power up Upcoming milestones:
- Installation of the Vehicle Stabilization System Ares I-X Ground Support Equipment
- At Launch Pad 39B, modifications are ongoing
The Ares I-X flight test will provide NASA an early opportunity to check and prove hardware, analysis and modeling methods, and facilities and ground operations needed to develop NASA's next crew launch vehicle.
For more information about the Ares I-X flight test, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX
Previous status reports are available at: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/moonandmars/status/index.html
- end -
text-only version of this release
To receive status reports and news releases issued from the Kennedy Space Center Newsroom electronically, send a blank e-mail
message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send
a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
The system will confirm your request via e-mail.