Innovators at NASA's Johnson Space Center have developed a software solution for recording, tracking, and reporting results of tasks associated with the identification of administrative non-conformances that require action to correct or prevent. The Integrated Corrective/Preventive Action Tracking System (ICATS) is a Web-based application that includes workflow features to manage corrective or preventive actions, root cause analyses, planned actions, estimated completion dates, records of implementation, effectiveness verifications, and task closures.
- Integrated: Combines features of separate tracking systems and provides a single source of corrective and preventive action tasks and plans
- Fast: Offers immediate access to data across numerous enterprise departments and work areas
- Measureable: Provides relevant metrics to more effectively manage the implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Proactive: Includes email notification features to improve the efficiency of implementing and managing corrective and preventive actions
- Comprehensive: Offers the ability to recognize and act on potential systemic issues across an enterprise
- Organizations seeking a comprehensive solution to efficiently manage corrective and preventive actions across their enterprise
This technology is being made available through JSC's Technology Transfer and Commercialization Office, which seeks to transfer technology into and out of NASA to benefit the space program and U.S. industry. NASA invites companies to consider licensing this technology for commercial applications.
If you would like more information about this technology or about NASA's technology transfer program, please contact:
Technology Transfer and Commercialization Office
NASA's Johnson Space Center