Johnson Space Center, Houston
NASA Sets Briefing With Next Station Crew, Spaceflight Participant
NASA will hold a media briefing Wednesday, July 30, at 1 p.m. CDT, with the next resident crew of the International Space Station and an American spaceflight participant.
The briefing will originate from NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, and will be broadcast live on NASA Television. Questions will be taken from news media at participating NASA sites.
The briefing participants include:
- Expedition 18 Commander and NASA astronaut Michael Fincke
- Expedition 18 Flight Engineer and Russian cosmonaut Yuri Lonchakov
- Expedition 18 Flight Engineer and NASA astronaut Sandra Magnus
- Expedition 18 Flight Engineer and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency astronaut Koichi Wakata
- Spaceflight participant Richard Garriott, who will fly to the station under a commercial agreement with the Russian Federal Space Agency
Following the briefing, Fincke, Lonchakov, Magnus and Wakata will be available for individual round-robin interviews, in person or by phone. There also will be a photo opportunity. To participate in the interviews, news media should contact the Johnson newsroom at 281-483-5111, no later than 4 p.m. July 29.
Foreign national media planning to attend the briefing in person must contact the Johnson newsroom by 4 p.m. July 8, to arrange credentials.
On Oct. 12, Lonchakov, Fincke and Garriott will launch to the station aboard a Russian Soyuz spacecraft. Garriott will return to Earth with Expedition 17 Commander Sergei Volkov and Flight Engineer Oleg Kononenko on Oct. 23 in a Soyuz.
Magnus will fly to the station on space shuttle mission STS-126, targeted to launch in November. Wakata will replace Magnus on the station during the STS-119 mission in early 2009.
For more information about NASA TV streaming video, downlink and schedule information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/ntv
For information about the space station, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/station
For information about NASA and agency programs, visit: http://www.nasa.gov
- end -
text-only version of this release