Baltimore, DC Media Invited to Sneak Peek of NASA's "Launchfest" at Goddard Sept. 11, 10:00 AM
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., will open its doors to the public September 13 to learn about the more than 12 missions Goddard is launching in a year. Media are invited to a sneak peek on Thursday morning, Sept. 11 to see the festivities and learn about the exciting missions as preparations are being finalized. This is the first time in four years that Goddard has invited the public inside.
Sneak Peek at Launch Fest
10:00 a.m. Thursday September 11, 2008
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. Visitor Center
Launchfest will feature engaging exhibits, demonstrations and hands-on activities. Themes include:
- “Exploration” – focus is on NASA’s space exploration and science activities; this pod will highlight Goddard’s missions in the areas of Planetary, Astrophysics, Astronomy and Heliophysics.
- “Technology” – focus is on our engineers and technology; including spin-off technology.
- “Green” – focus is on NASA’s Earth science research and our contributions to better understanding our changing planet.
- “People” – focus is on the people who work at Goddard. We will highlight the many skills and talents that NASA needs to accomplish its various missions, and outline the courses that students should take to pursue a career with NASA.
- “Other Activities” - Contests and interactive demonstrations at the Visitor’s Center and the Recreation Center. Activities targeted at K-12 and "Generation Y" students.
Tents on the Goddard mall will house vendors offering food, refreshments and entertainment.
For more information about NASA Goddard's Launchfest, call 301-286-NEWS.