NASA Glenn Offers Star Gazing Opportunity On National Astronomy Day
Cleveland -- Celebrate National Astronomy Day and learn more about the wonders of the universe on April 21 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. during the fourth annual "Star Gazing" extravaganza at NASA Glenn's Visitor Center.
"Star Gazing" is presented in partnership with the Lake Erie Nature & Science Center's Walter R. Schuele Planetarium, the Cuyahoga Astronomical Association and the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Solar System Ambassadors.
Families attending this event will be able to:
- Check out solar activity and view the night sky through a variety of telescopes. Weather permitting, visitors should be able to see Saturn, Venus and maybe even the International Space Station.
- Attend one of 10 auditorium programs offered hourly at the Visitor Center and learn more about asteroids, space weather, and selecting and using a telescope.
- Enter the STARLAB dome and enjoy the sights and sounds of the night sky indoors.
- Visit the Journey to Tomorrow traveling exhibit at its public premier and experience the excitement of exploration in air and space through a number of interactive stations.
- Participate in hands-on educational activities designed to introduce kids to the exciting world of science and create "make and take" crafts.
- Follow the solar system walk and learn more about Earth's neighbors.
NASA merchandise and space-themed souvenirs will be available for purchase. Visitors can also have their photograph taken at the "Picture Yourself in Space" booth and visit with Eva, the inflatable astronaut.
Admission is free. Access to the center is limited to U.S. citizens and adult visitors must present a government-issued photo identification to enter. Vehicles and bags are subject to inspection.
For more information about the event, including times for talks and programs, visit:
- end -
text-only version of this release
NASA Glenn Research Center news releases are available automatically by sending an Internet electronic mail message to:
Leave the subject and body blank. The system will reply with a confirmation via e-mail of each subscription. You must reply to that
message to begin your subscription.
To unsubscribe, address an e-mail message to:
Leave the subject and body blank.