News Release 00-014
For Release: February 28, 2000
Sally V. Harrington
Media/Community Relations Office
An Invitation to an Out of This World Experience
Interested in going to Mars? There have been books about it and even movies! Now visitors can learn what NASA is actively working on towards that goal.
On Saturday, March 11, join us at the NASA Glenn Research Center Visitor Center between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. where the theme for the afternoon will be "Destination: Mars."
- See a full-scale model of the rover "Sojourner" that traveled along the Mars terrain investigating rocks and providing NASA scientists with much valuable information.
- Watch videos including one entitled "Mars: What Would You Wear?"
- Ask questions of a Glenn aerospace engineer involved in Mars research.
- Find out how much you would weigh and how high you could jump on Mars.
- Learn about the Mars Millennium Project that encourages students to look towards a future when people might have a permanent home on Mars.
Attendees are invited to explore the several galleries of the Visitor Center throughout the weekend. The Visitor Center will be open on Saturday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and on Sunday from 1 - 5 p.m. It is wheelchair accessible except for a small portion--the upstairs balcony. Admission free.
# # #