May 31 and June 1, 2008
Plum Brook Station Open House
11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
NASA's Glenn Research Center is opening the doors to its Plum Brook Station in Sandusky, Ohio, for two full days. Join us May 31 and June 1 to see what lies behind our gates.
Our enthusiastic staff will guide you through world-class facilities and share the technologies behind some of the nation's greatest innovations. You'll even step inside the world's largest vacuum chamber, which has tested parts of rockets, Mars landers and space stations.
Each event will feature activities for kids. And it's all free!
- Walk through the world's largest vacuum chamber, explore a rocket testing facility and more on this guided bus tour of our world-class test facility.
Meet an Astronaut
- On Saturday, Ohio astronaut Mike Foreman will appear from noon to 5 p.m.
Shuttle Launch Viewing
- Watch live TV coverage of the space shuttle Discovery launch, scheduled for 5:02 p.m. on Saturday, May 31.
- Education specialists and friendly volunteers will conduct a variety of hands-on, minds-on activities that will inspire the next generation of explorers. Plus, teachers can learn about valuable resources to enhance their classroom activities.
- Find out more about NASA's past, present and future while attending any of our special programs. Most programs will include question-and answer-sessions with our researchers.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Free public parking will be available on an unpaved, temporary lot on the west side of U.S. Rt. 250. Please review the following pertinent information
- Parking, maps and directions
- What to expect at security
- What to bring
- Refreshments, souvenirs and amenities