The X-!E stands guard in front of Armstrong Flight Research Center's main building. (NASA photo). Industry Partnerships
Partnership with Armstrong provides access to a world-class work force and flight environment plus unrivaled research facilities. Armstrong's Advanced Planning and Partnerships Office is a gateway to an unmatched environment for experimental flight test, and as part of the partnership, we offer extensive experience, expertise, and facilities not available elsewhere:
- Access to restricted airspace (R-2515, which includes the largest overland supersonic corridor in the country) and the premier Edwards AFB range as well as access to the R-2508 Complex
- Relationships with other NASA Centers and government labs
- Alliance with the Air Force Test Center
- Proximity to aerospace contractors, production, and R&D; the only place like it
- Access to Plant 42
- World-wide operations of our airborne science aircraft
- Ability to conduct test programs on other ranges
- 350+ test days per year
- On-site, tailored safety clearance
- An organization that has the authority to "self-certify" aircraft and modifications
- Experimental labs/shops for mod, repair, instrumentation, test, and qualification
- Deep experience in one-of-a-kind flight projects
- Partnership with the AERO Institute
- Facilitates joint NASA, university, and industry projects; leverages assets
Armstrong's Advanced Planning and Partnerships Managers Can Help...
- Introduce you to the Center and arrange tours of our test facilities
- Find the skill sets to meet your needs
- Work with your staff to understand your requirements and develop a Statement of Work
- Work with your staff to develop a partnership that helps you achieve your objectives and in some cases joint objectives
- Facilitate the negotiation of a contract to secure your access to NASA's equipment, facilities, and capabilities
As a partner, Armstrong has an unparalleled history in performance, safety, and technical capability. Our proven track record in performance means customers and partners will find a rapid ramp-up to meet their needs; experienced project managers to address cost and schedule; and technical expertise to solve problems on site. Safety has always been a part of Armstrong's culture and partners know us to have proven and effective safety assurance processes; tailored processes for each project; and on-site, safety clearance authority. Our well-known technical capability allows us to share expertise and experience in all the aerospace disciplines; expertise and facilities to support simple-to-complex tests; and extensive experience in manned and unmanned systems.
We are proven project managers with an extensive knowledge of Armstrong, NASA, and industry capabilities. It's our job to ensure you – our partners and customers – get what you need – from the introductory welcome, through the navigation of our processes, to the exit strategy and handshake – to support your test and research requirements.