One of two small APV-3 aircraft flown at Dryden prepares to land on a roadway at Edwards Air Force Base. NASA photo. With unparalleled talent; extensive infrastructure; and a commitment to the highest levels of safety, teamwork, and customer satisfaction, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center is well positioned to develop and validate high-risk, pioneering aerospace technology and conduct science missions with unmanned and manned aircraft.
To meet a variety of customer requirements, Dryden is expanding its reach into the aerospace community by offering new and improved flight test services with High Altitude, Long-Endurance (HALE) Global Hawk and Ikhana (Predator B) Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) through its UAS Services (UASS).
Dryden's UASS offerings include subsystem development, integration of UAS into civil airspace, and flight support for science, security, and commercial applications from one-of-a-kind, turnkey UAS flight services to full-spectrum, long-term mission support at Dryden or other locations. A range capability is also available for small low-altitude UAS testing on the Edwards range within the confines of restricted airspace to provide cost-effective, streamlined access to services without the need for COAs of experimental certificates.
Situated on Edwards Air Force Base, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center is a leading flight research and test organization with the capability and commitment to provide direct support to NASA and non-NASA customers worldwide.
Dryden's Unmanned Aircraft System Services (UASS)
- Open for business
- Engaging/seeking worldwide customers
- Developmental environment for new mission capabilities
- High-Altitude, Long-Endurance vehicle systems (Predator B/Global Hawk)
- Dedicated RDT&E and operational support
- Rapid access to airspace at suitable ranges
- Streamlined processes
- Competitive pricing
- Collaborative activities with other NASA Centers
Dryden's Unique Flight Test Area For Small UAS
- Provided through UASS
- Edwards Air Force Base restricted airspace
- Cost effective
- No requirement for CoAs or Experimental Certificates
- Streamlined access to services